Family Wellness Challenge
A 12-week programme to improve your family’s eating habits and lifestyle, and stop you wasting money on food that won’t get eaten.
– Does everyone in your household eat at different times?
– Do you regularly throw food away because it has passed its sell by date or ‘gone off’?
– Are you concerned about your weight, or the weight of someone in your family?
– Do you worry that your family is not eating as well as it should?
– Would you like to do more physical activities with your children, but don’t know where to start?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, you might want to try The Shaping Wellness Family Challenge.
The challenge will help you create a lifestyle where everyone in your family grows and thrives together. Where children learn to eat well and hence achieve their potential at school, or in extracurricular activities. Where your family will bond over shared meals and activities, and where you save money by planning meals and wasting less.
The challenge has three parts.
- Education about basic nutrition – the vital importance of hydration as well as proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Lifestyle issues – including sleep, communication and eating together.
- Learning to shop economically for your food – exchanging high-fat and high-sugar foods for healthier alternatives without compromising on taste.
The programme will be structured around the needs of you and your family, taking into account your busy schedule, favourite meals, and any allergies and intolerances. I will also consider your weekly food budget and the ages and interests of your children.
By the end of the 12-week challenge you will have all the skills to plan and shop economically for your meals, and create a healthy, happy home life where everyone in your family can thrive.